This is a classic Greek Salad, which can be found in almost every type of restaurant in Greece, from casual to upscale. It is made of thick-cut tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, and feta cheese. It is dressed with olive oil and red vinegar. This is my favorite salad, especially eating it in Greece because of the incredible produce. The creaminess and saltiness of the feta matches perfectly with the sweet tomatoes, while the crunchy cucumber and the red onion burst with flavor. (Just a side note: Dip some fresh bread into the salad)
- Cut 3 tomatoes in thick pieces.
- Cut 4 cucumbers in one-inch wedges
- Slice 1/2 red onion into thin slices
- Add olives to your liking
- Cut a square of feta cheese and add it to the top of the salad
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on the salad